Jenna Downing has been a professional blader since she was just 12 years old. She is the raining LG World Tour Female Champion, 10 x British Champion and is a X-Games silver medallist. As if this wasn’t enough she has picked up more sponsors than we can count and works for some of the biggest sporting organisations on the planet! We managed to catch up with the extremely busy Jenna Downing to talk Top 5′s.
Top 5 reasons to start blading?
- It’s fun
- Great way to meet new people and socialise
- Keeps you fit (without knowing it!)
- Great for releasing stress and overcoming challenges
- Because it’s an individual sport it allows personal progression therefore feels more rewarding
Top 5 best things about living in Liverpool?
- Awesome city with always something crazy going on
- Friendly people
- Fun night out
Top 5 Bladers?
- Chaz Sands
- Steve Swain
- Katie Ketchum
- Brian Aragon
- Fabiola Da Silva
Top 5 most played on your iTunes?
- Natalie Imbruglia – Torn
- Goo goo dolls – Iris
- Ne-yo – Closer
- Flo Rida – Good Feeling
- Florence And The Machine – You Got The Love
Top 5 movies?
- Pretty Woman
- Dirty Dancing
- Bridget Jones 1 + 2
- Sex and the City 1 + 2
Top 5 things to worry about?
My main concern is time management, so finding time to fit in:
- All my work
- Seeing friends
- Spending time with my mum
- Having some ‘me’ time.
Top 5 items to take on tour?
- Good book, e.g. Fifty Shades of Grey
Top 5 cities?
- Rio De Janeiro
Top 5 tours you have been on?
- ASA tours
- LG tours
- England tour 2005
- Puberty tours back in the day
- IISS tours
Top 5 contest you have ever been too?
- LG World Championships 2008 (Seattle) + 2006 (Dallas)
- Chaz Sands Invitational 2009 (Liverpool)
- X-Games 2002 (Philadelphia)
- All the British Champs at Y2SK8 in Peterborough – good memories
- ASA European Championships 2000 (Paris)
Top 5 things about being pro?
- Being able to meet, chat to, and inspire young people
- Travelling the world
- Meeting some awesome people on the way
- The career I’ve made through my sport
Top 5 on the bucket list?
- Be healthy
- Successful in my career
- See rollerblading grow and get back to the place where it used to be.
Top 5 places you want to visit?
Top 5 exercises?
- Circuit training
Top 5 foods?
- All of my mum’s cooking